Your Future Matters. FIGHT FOR IT.
Joshua A. Lee Esq.
- Criminal Defense
- Parole / Commutations
- White Collar Crimes
- Family Law
- Personal Injury
- Drug Offenses
- DUI Defense
Josh earned his J.D. degree from the University of Oklahoma in 2003 after receiving his B.S. via double major in Political Science and Ancient History from Oklahoma State University. Josh was an intern for the Public Defenders office in Oklahoma County all three years of law school. While doing so, he received the American Jurisprudence (AMJUR) Award in Trial Practice at O.U. as well as receiving multiple other individual trial practice awards. Josh received a limited attorney's license PRIOR to passing the bar exam and even tried felony cases in Oklahoma County while still in law school.
Upon graduating, Josh started a private law practice focusing almost exclusively on criminal defense. Josh has continued to grow his practice for the last 11 years and presently he and his firm handle numerous areas of law including criminal defense, personal injury, auto accidents, and family law matters. Josh's clients rarely seek counsel for any legal issue without first consulting with Josh and requesting that he take on the case. If Josh cannot take the case, his clients trust Josh with his referral to his group of similarly top tier attorneys. In February of 2013, Josh moved his office to its present location in SW Oklahoma City to accommodate his firms growing size. Josh's experience defending individuals accused of criminal offenses in both the State and Federal court system is comprehensive. With many jury trials and bench trials, he has successfully defended numerous clients charged with serious felony criminal offenses. On a daily basis, Josh appears in court districts all around the State of Oklahoma defending individuals charged with offenses ranging from murder to traffic violations.
Josh also regularly appears at Pardon and Parole Board hearings held at various Department of Corrections facilities around the State in order to represent inmates seeking pardons, paroles and/or commutations. Josh is admitted to practice in the State of Oklahoma as well as in the United States District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma. Josh is Lead Counsel Rated by the Lead Counsel Review Board in Criminal Law State Felony and Misdemeanor. He also attends seminars across the country in order to stay up to date on procedures and regulations. Josh is a member of numerous county, state and local defense attorney associations. In December of 2013, Josh received his certification from Platt and Associates in the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) / International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) Standardized Field Sobriety Testing (SFST) Practitioner Course which was held in Denver, Colorado.
- Public Defenders office in Oklahoma, Intern
- University of Oklahoma College of Law, Norman, Oklahoma
- J.D. - 2003
- Oklahoma State University
- Major: Ancient History
- Major: Political Science
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Member, 2003 to Present
- NADD, Top 50 DUI Attorney, 2014 to Present
- Oklahoma County Bar Association, Member, 2003 to Present
- American Association of Premier DUI Attorneys, Executive Member, 2014 to Present
- Oklahoma Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member, 2012 to Present
Certified Legal Specialties
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), Platt and Associates, 2013
- Standardized Field Sobriety Testing (SFST) Practitioner Course, International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP), 2013
Current Employment Positions
- Managing Partner
- Oklahoma, 2003
- U.S. District Court Western District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Oklahoma
- Lead Counsel Rating in Legal Discipline of Criminal Law
- Lawyers of Distinction Top 10% in USA for Criminal Defense, 2017
- American Jurist Institute Top 10 Criminal Law Attorneys for Oklahoma, 2017
- American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys 10 Best Attorneys
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys 10 Best Attorneys
- Superior DUI Attorney by the National Advocacy for DUI Defense
- American Jurisprudence (AMJUR) Award in Trial Practice at O.U